F-Stop – Tilopa
F-STOP – TILOPA | 50L
Today we talk about photographic backpacks, in detail of the f-stop Tilopa backpack.
Before using this backpack I used other backpacks, but which are always necessary something not suitable for my needs.
The first thing I noticed was the weight.
Very important thing in my photographic activity.
Having to carry a lot of photographic material, there is no need to add the weight of the backpack to the weight of the equipment.
All photographic backpacks, before this, had the big weight problem.
Besides that, they were too rigid in their external structure… they looked like suitcases.
They were not customizable and the space was very little.
In short, a lot of weight, and then always having to sacrifice some photographic component.
Which is really inconceivable … give up some lens or accessory to not have too much weight!
With the f-stop Tilopa backpack, on the other hand, I can say that I never had these problems
Its design, shape and weight resembles a trekking backpack.
The weight is almost non-existent, even with the addition of the ICU (I use an L)
The backpack outside is immediately presented as suitable for any weather and situation.
In fact, the material is tear-proof and anti-cut, as well as being waterproof.
The hinges are all water resistant.
This does not mean that you can immerse it ..!
But it excellently resists sudden rain.
If we know that we have to go a long way in pouring rain, like all backpacks, we must however install the rain protection (unfortunately not supplied.)
Let’s analyze its structure.
- 420D ripstop nylon treated WR, with TPU laminate
- Hypalon in the most exposed areas
- Volume capacity 50L
- Expandable side pockets
- Reinforced carrying strap
- Stabilizing straps for load regulation
- Adjustable sternum strap with integrated whistle
- Soft and breathable shoulder straps
- Back with breathable structure
- Shoulder straps with loop for the use of a water bag
- Reinforced shoulder straps
- Shoulder straps with hooks for using carabiner
- Rear opening
- Adjustable lumbar band and with small pockets
- Front straps for inserting accessories
- Elastics for inserting accessories
- Pocket for rain-cover
- Reinforced front area
- Upper pocket for accessories
- Upper opening for insertion of accessories / clothing
WHAT DO I INSERT OUTSIDE THE F-STOP TILOPA BACKPACK
– – front flashlight
– hat / gloves / keys / adhesive tape
– Left side pockets: First aid kit / thermal blanket /
– Right side pocket: Water bottle / accessories
– Front pocket: Spare shirt / Lens cleaning kit / Rain-Cover / Muliti-use
EXPERIENCE ON THE FIELD
In use directly on the field, the f-stop Tilopa backpack, to date, has resisted all types of stress to which I have subjected it.
It resisted pouring rain for 2 hours.
It has withstood a temperature of -27 ° C (the internal equipment has not been damaged or anything else).
It resists perfection to rubbing on rocks and among brambles.
At full load (22KG) I can carry it without any problem even for long walks.
– Space for ICU – S / M / L / XL
– Internal pocket for water bag
– Laminate structure (possibility to remove it)
– Small pocket for inserting accessories
EXPERIENCE ON THE FIELD
Despite the low temperatures, the rain or the sand, the inside of the backpack has never suffered problems.
Even despite the many bumps it took, all the photographic equipment has never suffered any kind of damage.
Everything remains protected and immobile.
The ICU fantastically mitigates any type of shock, truly incredible.
WHAT DO I INSERT IN THE F-STOP TILOPA BACKPACK
– Sony A7 III
– Sony A6000
– Sony SEL 16-50mm f / 3.5 – 5.6
– Sony 16-35 F4 FE ZA OSS
– Sony FE 24-70mm F / 2.8 GM
– Sony FE 70-200mm F / 2.8 GM OSS
– Sony Extender 2X – DJI Mavic Pro + Remote control
– 8 Sony batteries
– 2 DJI Mavic Pro batteries
– GND Filters Kit
– 2 CPL filters
– Mavic Pro filters
– Powerbank + Cables
– Memory Card Holder
The f-stop Tilopa backpack can very well fall, in my opinion, as the best backpack for landscape and outdoor photography.
The large, but not excessive, capacity makes it customizable and adaptable to any photographic condition